So Much Moisture!TM Hydrating Lotion
As I Am
As I Am
A modern customized glycerin-infused moisturizer for severely dehydrated hair.
Natural textured hair is beautiful hair, but it also tends to lack moisture. When hair is dehydrated, it looks dull, feels rough, is difficult to style and resists efforts to define the coil pattern. So Much Moisture!TM is a glycerin-rich formula, enhanced with natural botanical extracts, providing deep hydration and incredible softness. It also contains royal jelly, a natural substance collected from queen honey bees, known for moisturizing hair and rejuvenating the scalp.
GREAT FOR THE LITTLE NATURALISTAS IN YOUR LIFE, TOO!!!
- Deeply hydrating
- Provides incredible softness
- Enables very easy root lifting when styling with a styling pick
- Allows great stretch to better reflect length of hair. (Free- textured styles like puff, fro’hawks and afros are bigger and better!)
Key Ingredients: Vegetable Glycerin, Aloe Vera, Royal Jelly and Lavender Flower Extract
Aqua/Water/Eau, Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Royal Jelly, Glucose, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract, Equisetum Hiemale Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Citric Acid, Lactoperoxidase, Glucose Oxidase, Fragrance/Parfum, Potassium Sorbate, Dimethyl Stearamine, Limonene.
For undefined textured styling, when coil definition is not a key element, (e.g. afros, pony puffs, frohawks, etc.)
- Pump into palms and gently massage throughout clean, conditioned hair
- Apply on hair nearest the scalp to
- Ease lifting with styling pick
- Add lots of fullness
- Discourage shrinkage
- Can be re-applied daily or whenever needed.
For moisturizing coil-defined styles
- Cleanse with one of the As I Am® cleansers and apply As I Am® Leave-In Conditioner
- Distribute a small amount of So Much Moisture! TM throughout hair
- Proceed to style as usual. Keep in mind that after application, you will need a Twist Cream or Gel to define and hold your coil pattern.
- For daily use, refrain from over-applying if your desire is to retain coil definition.
- If hair feels dry, rub a small dab within palms and pat along the dampened top layer of your style. The glycerin in the formula will attract moisture from the air and onto your hair.
Properly moisturized hair resists breakage, makes hair more pliable and helps your coils and curls “pop”. Hydrated hair also looks more vibrant and feels softer.
So Much Moisture! is formulated with lots of vegetable glycerin, plus many other natural moisturizers and plant-based conditioners. It gives dry hair the moisture it craves and tremendous softness that you’ll have to feel to believe! It’s best used sparingly, especially if you work hard to achieve a coily/curly defined texture via twist-outs, knot-outs and wash n’ go defining methods. Rub a small amount on the hair following your Leave-In Conditioner application, then style with Twist Creams, Gels and Jellies.
If you’re rockin’ your full-out texture, you can apply So Much Moisture! a little more generously. You hair will be fuller, extend more to its actual length, and be “oh-so-easy” to pick and lift at the roots.
Remember ladies…don’t over-apply. There is such a thing as “too much of a good thing”, you know. Excessive amounts of glycerin can make hair feel tacky.Vegetable glycerin is an organic compound that functions as a humectant . When expertly formulated in hair care products, it attracts moisture from the atmosphere and binds it to the hairshaft. Moisture is super important for the naturalista because, our hair type has fewer cuticle layers than other hair types and tends to be dry as a fact of nature.
- Moisture Milk is perfect when you want to go light. It's also recommended as the moisturizer of choice for those with fine or thin hair. Heavier creams and oils tend to weigh hair down, and make the natural coil less robust.
- Don't rub creams, oils and butters into your finished style too vigorously. It can disturb coil/curl definition. Instead, rub the product between the palms of your hands, then massage throughout the hair and scrunch onto the ends.
- Don't overuse. A build-up of emollients can actually work against your natural curl definition, and instead of looking shinier, your hair may appear dull and matted.